I took Simon Jessey's styles from his RSS feed, made a XSLT file and now my RSS2.0 file has a better look. Simon had the idea and I built in about 15 minutes (yes markup is easy) a really simple XSLT file to handle my feed.
(I don't provide titles for common technical abbreviations anymore. You may be using a screen reader, but the topics of this weblog won’t change. So I do mark abbreviation up with the appropriate element, but I don’t provide a title for them.)
The XSLT file (). I hope you like it. The reason I used XSLT, was because that is the only way to make the links clickable. The reason my title is currently 'escaped' is different, please don’t comment about it.
I'm sure I read somewhere that one of the major aggregators chokes on XSLT links... But that's probably wrong.
Personally, I've been using CSS for a while now to style my RSS 2 feed. Since it has an XHTML body, it works nicely with my sites (ex-)stylesheet.
Thanks for adding that comment Robbert, my old server supported the
.xslt extension, though I think it is not the correct one.